Ged Spartacus and Hunni Princess among 2010 Hertfordshire baby names
A LIST of the most popular, and most unusual, names given to babies born in Hertfordshire has been released.
DO you know a baby called Ged Spartacus, Hunni Princess or Roman Omari?
For they are among some of the more unusual names given to newborns in Hertfordshire last year.
Other more creative first names registered by parents included girls called Blossom Bluebell and Angel-J, and Mozies and De Andre in the boys’ ranks.
Turning to more traditional names, top of the tots at registration offices across the county in 2010 were Isabelle and Jack.
You may also want to watch:
These were the most popular baby names, just ahead of Daisy and Charlotte, and Oliver and Daniel.
The top 10 girls’ names are: Isabelle, Daisy, Charlotte, Sophie, Sienna, Summer, Megan, Grace, Lucy and Olivier.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
The top boys’ names were: Jack, Oliver, Daniel, Thomas, Joshua, Alexander, Charlie, Harry, George and Joseph.
Cllr Keith Emsall, executive member for the registration service, said: “A lot of thought goes into naming a baby – and 2010 has seen people be as creative as ever.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
“It is an ideal way for parents who do not want a religious ceremony to share a very special moment with family and friends.”
Find out more about these ceremonies by clicking the link above or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.