GCSE results: Sir Frederic Osborn School
MORE than half of the year 11 pupils at a WGC school have received top marks in their GCSE results today (Thursday). Sue Lewis, headteacher of Sir Frederic Osborn School in Herns Lane, is 'absolutely thrilled' with the results. A total of 59 per cent of
MORE than half of the year 11 pupils at a WGC school have received top marks in their GCSE results today (Thursday).
Sue Lewis, headteacher of Sir Frederic Osborn School in Herns Lane, is "absolutely thrilled" with the results.
A total of 59 per cent of students achieved five or more A* to C grades.
Ms Lewis said: "We are absolutely thrilled at the achievements of our students this summer; they achieved the best results for many years.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to all the students and extend my thanks to the staff."
She added: "We look forward to many of our students returning to study in our sixth-form and wish them all successful futures."
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
** For more reaction and pictures from the school, buy next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.