Driving ban for man who used phone on A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old has been banned from driving after using a hand-held mobile phone while driving on the A1(M).
Gavin Elley, of Cannons Meadow, Tewin, was banned from driving for six months when he appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on February 15.
Magistrates highlighted that the ban was obligatory due to repeat offending.
Six penalty points were added to his licence.
Elley was caught on the A1(M) between Junctions 7-8 on May 2 last year, using a hand-held phone while driving a Ford Transit.
You may also want to watch:
He was fined £288, ordered to pay victim services £30 and costs of £85.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One