Gas works begin in Welwyn Garden City
GAS mains replacement work has started in WGC and is expected to take until March 2012 to complete.
The �1.3m scheme will replace 13km of gas mains and has begun in Digswell Park Road, Redwoods, Sherrards Park Road and Densley Close.
A National Grid spokesman said: “This project has been planned carefully with the local authority and other agencies to minimise disruption to the local community.
“Wherever possible we will insert the new pipes through the old mains, reducing the need for large-scale digging.
“Service pipes to properties will also be replaced.
You may also want to watch:
“Engineers will require access to do this work and National Grid will contact affected properties in advance to make arrangements.
“People should ask to see official identification before letting callers into their property. For more advice on this and to verify the identity of a National Grid employee please call 0845 605 6677.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Work is expected to be completed late March 2012.
National Grid construction operations engineer Kevin Blundell said: “We apologise for any inconvenience people may experience as a result of this work. This essential project forms part of National Grid’s ongoing mission to help provide secure energy supplies for future generations.”