Gas drama at Hatfield flats

A CS gas canister was set off in the lift of a block of flats. The toxic gas was released in Goldings House, Hatfield, at 7pm last night (Thursday). Six residents living in the Goldings Crescent flats were treated by paramedics after suffering a reaction

A CS gas canister was set off in the lift of a block of flats.

The toxic gas was released in Goldings House, Hatfield, at 7pm last night (Thursday).

Six residents living in the Goldings Crescent flats were treated by paramedics after suffering a reaction to the chemical and The Foyer was evacuated.

A police spokeswoman: "We were notified by the fire service of the incident.


You may also want to watch:


"People had reported discomfort and coughing from a suspected unknown substance in the block of flats there.

"Ambulance staff attended to treat several people for the inhalation.

Most Read

"Cordons were put in place while the area was checked, and were shortly lifted before 9pm.

"No contaminants were found at the scene."

A fire spokeswoman said: "Four appliances were called from Hatfield, WGC and Hemel Hempstead.

"The decontamination and environmental protection unit from Hemel was also called to clear the substance.

"Further investigations are still in progress.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus