Gas cylinders rupture in pallet yard blaze
FIRE broke out at a pallet yard in Welham Green last night (Friday).
Five fire crews were called to the scene at Travellers Lane in Welham Green just after 10pm.
Police, including the force helicopter, were also on the scene.
A Herts Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said gas cylinders at the yard had ruptured.
She said: “The nearby railway line had to be suspended because of the danger.”
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was under control at 4.30am.
Fire officers returned to the yard at 8am this morning (Saturday) to start investigations into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth