Garden memorial for Welwyn Garden City boy
A YEAR on from the death of popular teenager Mathew Blease, a memorial garden was opened in his memory. Keen footballer Mat died due to inflammation of the heart on February 1 last year. The 13-year-old, who was an integral part of Panshanger Football C
A YEAR on from the death of popular teenager Mathew Blease, a memorial garden was opened in his memory.
Keen footballer Mat died due to inflammation of the heart on February 1 last year.
The 13-year-old, who was an integral part of Panshanger Football Club, was honoured by a charity match between two girls teams he helped train.
The players raised cash for Cardiac Risk in the Young, a charity Mat's parents Karen and Steve have supported since he died.
You may also want to watch:
The Sir Frederic Osborn pupil from Bakers Grove, WGC also had a bench unveiled in his honour.
Mum Karen said: "Loads of kids were at his grave, it was covered in flowers and we let red and yellow balloons go.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
"It was lovely to see people had remembered Mat.