Garden memorial for Welwyn Garden City boy
A YEAR on from the death of popular teenager Mathew Blease, a memorial garden was opened in his memory. Keen footballer Mat died due to inflammation of the heart on February 1 last year. The 13-year-old, who was an integral part of Panshanger Football C
A YEAR on from the death of popular teenager Mathew Blease, a memorial garden was opened in his memory.
Keen footballer Mat died due to inflammation of the heart on February 1 last year.
The 13-year-old, who was an integral part of Panshanger Football Club, was honoured by a charity match between two girls teams he helped train.
The players raised cash for Cardiac Risk in the Young, a charity Mat's parents Karen and Steve have supported since he died.
You may also want to watch:
The Sir Frederic Osborn pupil from Bakers Grove, WGC also had a bench unveiled in his honour.
Mum Karen said: "Loads of kids were at his grave, it was covered in flowers and we let red and yellow balloons go.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
"It was lovely to see people had remembered Mat.