Gallows set for outdoors at Knebworth stately home
HERTFORDSHIRE punks Gallows are set to return to Knebworth for this summer’s Sonisphere 2011 Festival.
Nine more bands, including nu metal legends Limp Bizkit, were confirmed last week for the three-day rock event taking place in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
And hardcore punk heroes Gallows will be hoping for a triumphant return to the listed stately home after laying waste to the Bohemia tent last summer, with circle pits aplenty.
It’s been quite a year for the Watford punks.
The five-piece performed at Rage Against The Machine’s victory parade in Finsbury Park, London, last summer and played secret sets at the Reading and Leeds Festivals.
You may also want to watch:
In 2011, singer Frank Carter, guitarists Laurent ‘Lags’ Barnard and Steph Carter, bassist Stuart Gili-Ross and drummer Lee Barratt will be let loose in the grounds of Knebworth, leaving the tent behind for the great outdoors.
Guitarist Lags said: “Now we’re playing outdoors which means there’s even more space for you, yes you, to get wild with us on the Saturday.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Also confirmed for the Saturday at Sonisphere are Scottish headliners Biffy Clyro and American power-pop alt-rockers Weezer, who are fronted by Rivers Cuomo.
Goth rockers The Sisters of Mercy, French metallers Gojira, InMe, Kids in Glass Houses, One Minute Silence, Canadian prog-metallers Protest the Hero and Danish metal band Volbeat have also been added to the UK line-up of the European touring festival.
As previously reported by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, thrash metal’s Big 4 of Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer will play together on the same festival stage in the UK for the first time on Friday, July 8.
Masked American metallers Slipknot will close the festival on the Sunday night with Limp Bizkit their special guests on the Apollo stage.
Also confirmed to play over the weekend are Mot�rhead, Airbourne, Mastodon and In Flames.