Gallery: WHT competition winner opens new junior gym in Hatfield
A NEW gym designed for young people has been officially opened by WHT competition winner Madeline MacDonald. The 14-year-old Stanborough School pupil won a Young Timers competition in January to design a logo for the junior gym at Hatfield Leisure Centre
A NEW gym designed for young people has been officially opened by WHT competition winner Madeline MacDonald.
The 14-year-old Stanborough School pupil won a Young Timers competition in January to design a logo for the junior gym at Hatfield Leisure Centre on Travellers Lane.
Her design, Gym 4 Juniors, was selected for its "simplicity, and fitting in with the rest of Hatfield Leisure Centre's colours and schemes".
Funded by Welwyn Hatfield Council and managed by Finesse Leisure, the gym is the result of a consultation between Finesse and students at Sir Frederic Osborn School, who gave their ideas on what equipment they would like in a gym designed specifically for them.
You may also want to watch:
The facility for eight to 14-year-olds includes Nintendo Wii and Wii Fits, rowing machines, treadmills with personal televisions, a "Wushu" martial arts system and "Vew-du" balance boards.
Melanie Hoskin, from Finesse Leisure, said: "It's a great facility for eight to 14-year-olds who are looking for a different way of exercising.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
"And this is a way of exercising that's fun at the same time.
"Some of the kids were running on the treadmill for 45 minutes without realising it because they were watching The Simpsons!