Gallery: Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk
MORE than 300 people took part in an annual charity fundraiser on Sunday. The Rotary Walk was completed in glorious sunshine this year as fundraisers raised cash for their favourite charities with 25 per cent going to Welwyn Hatfield s two rotary clubs fo
MORE than 300 people took part in an annual charity fundraiser on Sunday.
The Rotary Walk was completed in glorious sunshine this year as fundraisers raised cash for their favourite charities with 25 per cent going to Welwyn Hatfield's two rotary clubs for distribution to charities of their choice.
One of the organisers, John Hopley, said it had been an "excellent" event, but sadly marred by the tragic death of one of the walkers.
He said: "We had the perfect conditions for walking, it wasn't too hot.
You may also want to watch:
"Overall it was very pleasant."
The walk, supported by the WHT, started at the Campus West car park, in WGC.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon filmed in Hertfordshire
En-route fundraisers passed sights such as Sherrardspark Woods, Shaw's Corner, Lamer Wood and the Bride Hall estate.
The final total of money raised has not yet been totted up.
WHT editor Terry Mitchinson said: "The walk continues to be a big fundraiser for many worthy causes at a time when they need all the money they can get.