Gallery: Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk
MORE than 300 people took part in an annual charity fundraiser on Sunday. The Rotary Walk was completed in glorious sunshine this year as fundraisers raised cash for their favourite charities with 25 per cent going to Welwyn Hatfield s two rotary clubs fo
MORE than 300 people took part in an annual charity fundraiser on Sunday.
The Rotary Walk was completed in glorious sunshine this year as fundraisers raised cash for their favourite charities with 25 per cent going to Welwyn Hatfield's two rotary clubs for distribution to charities of their choice.
One of the organisers, John Hopley, said it had been an "excellent" event, but sadly marred by the tragic death of one of the walkers.
He said: "We had the perfect conditions for walking, it wasn't too hot.
You may also want to watch:
"Overall it was very pleasant."
The walk, supported by the WHT, started at the Campus West car park, in WGC.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
En-route fundraisers passed sights such as Sherrardspark Woods, Shaw's Corner, Lamer Wood and the Bride Hall estate.
The final total of money raised has not yet been totted up.
WHT editor Terry Mitchinson said: "The walk continues to be a big fundraiser for many worthy causes at a time when they need all the money they can get.