Gallery: Welwyn Garden City FC charity day
MORE than �2,000 was raised at a football tournament organised to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (MND). Set up by WGC FC co-manager Del Deanus, who has the condition, Saturday's competition featured teams of various ability. Among those playing
MORE than �2,000 was raised at a football tournament organised to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
Set up by WGC FC co-manager Del Deanus, who has the condition, Saturday's competition featured teams of various ability.
Among those playing was WGC midfielder Junior Lewis, who has graced the Premier League in his days as a Leicester City player.
Del, 35, said money raised from the event will go to the North and East Herts MND Association "as a way of saying thank you" for all it has done for him.
You may also want to watch:
"They've supported me in all sorts of ways - with absolutely everything."
The day held at the club's Herns Lane ground, also included a raffle, a presentation to WGC FC players and an auction with a signed pair of John Terry boots, along with signed Watford and Tottenham Hotspur shirts.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
Del added: "The rain held off and the sun shone for a lot of the day as the many spectators were given a feast of entertaining football.
"We would like to thank all those taking part especially the players, organisers and the officials of WGC FC."
For more information about the presentation see the sports pages.