Gallery: Welwyn Garden City FC charity day
MORE than �2,000 was raised at a football tournament organised to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (MND). Set up by WGC FC co-manager Del Deanus, who has the condition, Saturday's competition featured teams of various ability. Among those playing
MORE than �2,000 was raised at a football tournament organised to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
Set up by WGC FC co-manager Del Deanus, who has the condition, Saturday's competition featured teams of various ability.
Among those playing was WGC midfielder Junior Lewis, who has graced the Premier League in his days as a Leicester City player.
Del, 35, said money raised from the event will go to the North and East Herts MND Association "as a way of saying thank you" for all it has done for him.
You may also want to watch:
"They've supported me in all sorts of ways - with absolutely everything."
The day held at the club's Herns Lane ground, also included a raffle, a presentation to WGC FC players and an auction with a signed pair of John Terry boots, along with signed Watford and Tottenham Hotspur shirts.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 8 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Del added: "The rain held off and the sun shone for a lot of the day as the many spectators were given a feast of entertaining football.
"We would like to thank all those taking part especially the players, organisers and the officials of WGC FC."
For more information about the presentation see the sports pages.