Gallery: Welwyn Garden City family meet England's football stars
A FATHER and son from Times Territory had a taste of life as an England footballer, after a visit to a private training session. After winning a competition through his building society, David Brett and his seven-year-old son Jacob were given exclusive
A FATHER and son from Times Territory had a taste of life as an England footballer, after a visit to a private training session.
After winning a competition through his building society, David Brett and his seven-year-old son Jacob were given exclusive access to Arsenal's London Colney training ground, where the England team were preparing for their Wembley showdown with Andorra.
They saw the likes of David Beckham, John Terry, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney put through their paces by manager Fabio Cappello.
After the session, both players and manager joined competition winners, signing autographs and posing for photos.
You may also want to watch:
"They were all really patient with us. They signed autographs and had their pictures taken," said David, from Tempsford, WGC.
"David Beckham was really nice. He waited with Jacob while I got another camera!"
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
The training session David and Jacob watched proved to be a very useful one. England went on to smash Andorra 6-0 later on that week.
Frank Lampard, pictured here with Jacob, was among the scorers.