Gallery: Welwyn Garden City family meet England's football stars
A FATHER and son from Times Territory had a taste of life as an England footballer, after a visit to a private training session. After winning a competition through his building society, David Brett and his seven-year-old son Jacob were given exclusive
A FATHER and son from Times Territory had a taste of life as an England footballer, after a visit to a private training session.
After winning a competition through his building society, David Brett and his seven-year-old son Jacob were given exclusive access to Arsenal's London Colney training ground, where the England team were preparing for their Wembley showdown with Andorra.
They saw the likes of David Beckham, John Terry, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney put through their paces by manager Fabio Cappello.
After the session, both players and manager joined competition winners, signing autographs and posing for photos.
You may also want to watch:
"They were all really patient with us. They signed autographs and had their pictures taken," said David, from Tempsford, WGC.
"David Beckham was really nice. He waited with Jacob while I got another camera!"
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The training session David and Jacob watched proved to be a very useful one. England went on to smash Andorra 6-0 later on that week.
Frank Lampard, pictured here with Jacob, was among the scorers.