Gallery & Video: Hatfield staff join T-Mobile singalong in Trafalgar Square
WHEN you next turn on your television do not be surprised if you see some familiar faces on a mobile phone advert. For T-Mobile employees from Hatfield have sung their way into the company's latest commercial which brought central London to a standstill
WHEN you next turn on your television do not be surprised if you see some familiar faces on a mobile phone advert.
For T-Mobile employees from Hatfield have sung their way into the company's latest commercial which brought central London to a standstill last week.
The group can be seen taking part in a mass karaoke singalong in Trafalgar Square with more than 13,000 people - to the surprise of passing Londoners.
Maddy Eaton, Jalaj Gothi, Kieron Walsh and Micky Bassi, all workers at the firm's HQ in Hatfield Business Park, were selected after entering an internal sing-off competition.
Maddy impressed the judges by belting out Suddenly I See by K.T. Tunstall, while Jalag, Kieron and Micky formed boy band Britain's Not Got Talent to reproduce the Village People's classic anthem YMCA.
In total only six T-Mobile employees from across the UK were chosen to star in the ad.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
Maddy said: "I spend my day singing - I'm known for it round the office - so when the competition was announced all my colleagues were egging me on to do it.
"Filming the advert was absolutely mind-blowing.
"We were given the full VIP treatment - I've never known anything like it!"
Kieron added: "We all like being in the spotlight, so we just went for it. It was fantastic on the day being part of that huge crowd."
The ad, created by Saatchi and Saatchi, features 13,000 singers performing renditions of pop classics, helped by international superstar Pink.
The mass choir of commuters and passers-by belted out songs including Hey Jude, Is This the Way to Amarillo? and Summer Nights.