Gallery: Tornado causes a stir as she passes through Welwyn Hatfield
TRAIN enthusiasts have contacted the WHT to share their experience of Tornado passing through Times Territory. Tornado, the first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for 50 years, hauled her first
TRAIN enthusiasts have contacted the WHT to share their experience of Tornado passing through Times Territory.
Tornado, the first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for 50 years, hauled her first long-distance passenger train - The Talisman - from Darlington to London King's Cross on Saturday.
The train passed through Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield and Potters Bar and was greeted by hundreds of interested onlookers at each station.
Ivor Williams, from Guessens Road, WGC, said: "It was very nostalgic, the last time I saw a steam train in WGC I was only three years old.
You may also want to watch:
"My wife said seeing The Talisman was just like a scene from The Railway Children with all the people in the train waving at us!"
He added: "We watched from the top level of the Howard Centre car park.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
"It was well worth the hour long wait in the freezing cold!"
Gary Payne, also of WGC, said: "I'm not a train person but would not have missed this."
Did you see the Tornado on Saturday? If so email your pictures and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org