Gallery: Thousands visit University of Hertfordshire's Forum Fun Day
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum. Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum.
Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a Fun Day to officially open the complex, which featured a special guest appearance from dance group Diversity, winners of this year's Britain's Got Talent show.
Amid chaotic scenes, the 11-piece outfit met fans and signed autographs, and later performed a show-stopping routine to kick off The Forum's own talent competition, The Forum's Got Talent.
The competition was won by fellow dance act Double Trouble, a pair of twin brothers from Hatfield, who walked away with a cheque for �1,000 and a booking at The Forum later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the talent contest, visitors were treated to magic shows, street performers and dance workshops.
But there was controversy on the day, after scores of disappointed families had to be turned away after the venue reached full capacity.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Many were upset by the fact that only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent show went on sale on the day, despite huge publicity leading up to the event.
For more on these stories, plus galleries and videos of the day, keep checking back to www.whtimes24.co.uk over the next few days.
A four-page special feature on The Forum Fun Day will appear in this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.