Gallery: Thousands visit University of Hertfordshire's Forum Fun Day
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum. Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum.
Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a Fun Day to officially open the complex, which featured a special guest appearance from dance group Diversity, winners of this year's Britain's Got Talent show.
Amid chaotic scenes, the 11-piece outfit met fans and signed autographs, and later performed a show-stopping routine to kick off The Forum's own talent competition, The Forum's Got Talent.
The competition was won by fellow dance act Double Trouble, a pair of twin brothers from Hatfield, who walked away with a cheque for �1,000 and a booking at The Forum later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the talent contest, visitors were treated to magic shows, street performers and dance workshops.
But there was controversy on the day, after scores of disappointed families had to be turned away after the venue reached full capacity.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
Many were upset by the fact that only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent show went on sale on the day, despite huge publicity leading up to the event.
For more on these stories, plus galleries and videos of the day, keep checking back to www.whtimes24.co.uk over the next few days.
A four-page special feature on The Forum Fun Day will appear in this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.