Gallery: Thousands visit University of Hertfordshire's Forum Fun Day
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum. Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum.
Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a Fun Day to officially open the complex, which featured a special guest appearance from dance group Diversity, winners of this year's Britain's Got Talent show.
Amid chaotic scenes, the 11-piece outfit met fans and signed autographs, and later performed a show-stopping routine to kick off The Forum's own talent competition, The Forum's Got Talent.
The competition was won by fellow dance act Double Trouble, a pair of twin brothers from Hatfield, who walked away with a cheque for �1,000 and a booking at The Forum later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the talent contest, visitors were treated to magic shows, street performers and dance workshops.
But there was controversy on the day, after scores of disappointed families had to be turned away after the venue reached full capacity.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Many were upset by the fact that only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent show went on sale on the day, despite huge publicity leading up to the event.
For more on these stories, plus galleries and videos of the day, keep checking back to www.whtimes24.co.uk over the next few days.
A four-page special feature on The Forum Fun Day will appear in this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.