Gallery: Thousands visit University of Hertfordshire's Forum Fun Day
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire s new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum. Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a
THOUSANDS descended upon Hatfield yesterday (Sunday) for the opening of the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m entertainment venue, The Forum.
Families from across Times Territory flooded through the doors as the university held a Fun Day to officially open the complex, which featured a special guest appearance from dance group Diversity, winners of this year's Britain's Got Talent show.
Amid chaotic scenes, the 11-piece outfit met fans and signed autographs, and later performed a show-stopping routine to kick off The Forum's own talent competition, The Forum's Got Talent.
The competition was won by fellow dance act Double Trouble, a pair of twin brothers from Hatfield, who walked away with a cheque for �1,000 and a booking at The Forum later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the talent contest, visitors were treated to magic shows, street performers and dance workshops.
But there was controversy on the day, after scores of disappointed families had to be turned away after the venue reached full capacity.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Many were upset by the fact that only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent show went on sale on the day, despite huge publicity leading up to the event.
For more on these stories, plus galleries and videos of the day, keep checking back to www.whtimes24.co.uk over the next few days.
A four-page special feature on The Forum Fun Day will appear in this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.