Gallery: Snakes alive! Potters Bar fun day a superb success
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town s annual community fun day. The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing,
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town's annual community fun day.
The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing, a jazz band and lives animals - including a big yellow snake.
There were also stalls selling cakes, tombolas, a barbecue and a Pimm's tent.
The fun day was organised jointly by Potters Bar Rotary Club, Potters Bar in Focus and Hertsmere Borough Council.
Rotarian John Godfrey, who played a key role in organising the event, said the overcast weather conditions on Saturday did not put the crowds off.
"It was very well received," he said.
- 1 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 2 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 3 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 4 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 5 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Free Compassionate Neighbours training session to be held by Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
- 10 What happened to the 633 Squadron movie-star Mosquitos?
"The weather didn't deter people."
Among those to attend were Potters Bar Theatre Company and officers from the town's police station, who introduced themselves to many of the locals.
Mr Godfrey added: "It was a good day.
"It was very successful from everyone's point of view.