Gallery: Snakes alive! Potters Bar fun day a superb success
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town s annual community fun day. The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing,
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town's annual community fun day.
The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing, a jazz band and lives animals - including a big yellow snake.
There were also stalls selling cakes, tombolas, a barbecue and a Pimm's tent.
The fun day was organised jointly by Potters Bar Rotary Club, Potters Bar in Focus and Hertsmere Borough Council.
You may also want to watch:
Rotarian John Godfrey, who played a key role in organising the event, said the overcast weather conditions on Saturday did not put the crowds off.
"It was very well received," he said.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
"The weather didn't deter people."
Among those to attend were Potters Bar Theatre Company and officers from the town's police station, who introduced themselves to many of the locals.
Mr Godfrey added: "It was a good day.
"It was very successful from everyone's point of view.