Gallery: Snakes alive! Potters Bar fun day a superb success
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town s annual community fun day. The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing,
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town's annual community fun day.
The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing, a jazz band and lives animals - including a big yellow snake.
There were also stalls selling cakes, tombolas, a barbecue and a Pimm's tent.
The fun day was organised jointly by Potters Bar Rotary Club, Potters Bar in Focus and Hertsmere Borough Council.
You may also want to watch:
Rotarian John Godfrey, who played a key role in organising the event, said the overcast weather conditions on Saturday did not put the crowds off.
"It was very well received," he said.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"The weather didn't deter people."
Among those to attend were Potters Bar Theatre Company and officers from the town's police station, who introduced themselves to many of the locals.
Mr Godfrey added: "It was a good day.
"It was very successful from everyone's point of view.