Gallery: Snakes alive! Potters Bar fun day a superb success
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town s annual community fun day. The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing,
AN estimated 2,000 people headed down to Oakmere Park in Potters Bar last Saturday for the town's annual community fun day.
The free event, which has been held in the park since 2002, featured a range of activities including Irish dancing, square dancing, a jazz band and lives animals - including a big yellow snake.
There were also stalls selling cakes, tombolas, a barbecue and a Pimm's tent.
The fun day was organised jointly by Potters Bar Rotary Club, Potters Bar in Focus and Hertsmere Borough Council.
You may also want to watch:
Rotarian John Godfrey, who played a key role in organising the event, said the overcast weather conditions on Saturday did not put the crowds off.
"It was very well received," he said.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 7 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 8 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 9 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 10 Have you seen this wanted man?
"The weather didn't deter people."
Among those to attend were Potters Bar Theatre Company and officers from the town's police station, who introduced themselves to many of the locals.
Mr Godfrey added: "It was a good day.
"It was very successful from everyone's point of view.