Gallery: Ski racers descend on Welwyn Garden City for national event
SKI racers from all over the country converged on Welwyn Garden City to compete in the seventh Club National Ski Racing competition. A challenging 12-gate slalom course was set on the WGC slope by Sally Bartlett making good use of the moguls a
SKI racers from all over the country converged on Welwyn Garden City to compete in the seventh Club National Ski Racing competition.
A challenging 12-gate slalom course was set on the WGC slope by Sally Bartlett making good use of the moguls and natural ridges.
The only Times Territory competitor to have podium success was young GB Children's Ski Squad member Robert Poth from Potters Bar.
He took victory in the Children One age category.
You may also want to watch:
WGC sisters Anastasia and Tatijana Bee also competed in the competition.
Anastasia was seventh in the Junior One group with Tatijana fifth in the Children One section.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
The event was hosted by Wycombe Phoenix Ski Club on behalf of Snowsports England.
That club's own slope and clubhouse was unfortunately destroyed by fire in 2005.
It has risen through the ashes and continues to be a thriving organisation that uses the Gosling Ski Centre as a temporary training base.
The event was sponsored by Sun Peaks Resort, Canada and Ski Bartlett.
Special guest Ed Drake, Britain's number one Olympic male ski racer was in attendance at the prize giving ceremony.