Gallery: Runners show their heart for charity at Knebworth
MORE than 900 people took part in this year s Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth Hous
MORE than 900 people took part in this year's Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth House Henry Lytton Cobbold were there to cheer them on.
BHF event organiser Adam Brockett said: "What a great way to start 2009.
"It was great to see such a diversity of local people on the day - either walking, running or just there to support their loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope that with the 900 people present at this year's event we can reach and surpass our fundraising target of �40,000.
"The BHF does rely purely on donations of people's time and money to continue its vital and pioneering work."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
For those who took part in the event, sponsor Stevenage Leisure Limited is offering a year's free membership to the highest individual fundraiser.
To qualify, you must submit your sponsor money by June 1.