Gallery: Runners show their heart for charity at Knebworth
MORE than 900 people took part in this year s Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth Hous
MORE than 900 people took part in this year's Knebworth 10k jog on Sunday, to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
For a fourth year, runners and walkers flocked to Knebworth Park, and Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and head of Knebworth House Henry Lytton Cobbold were there to cheer them on.
BHF event organiser Adam Brockett said: "What a great way to start 2009.
"It was great to see such a diversity of local people on the day - either walking, running or just there to support their loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope that with the 900 people present at this year's event we can reach and surpass our fundraising target of �40,000.
"The BHF does rely purely on donations of people's time and money to continue its vital and pioneering work."
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
For those who took part in the event, sponsor Stevenage Leisure Limited is offering a year's free membership to the highest individual fundraiser.
To qualify, you must submit your sponsor money by June 1.