Gallery: Pots of fun at annual Art in Clay at Hatfield House
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend. Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday. The fair brought together UK and international ceramist
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend.
Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday.
The fair brought together UK and international ceramists who showcased a variety of works from sculptural pieces for the garden to wall-art ceramic pictures, and animal sculptures.
Much of the art was available to purchase, and on Friday one exhibitor even sold a sculpture to a member of the public for �3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Show organiser Andy McInnes said he was "very pleased" with the event.
He added: "It was great to see so many people learning about ceramics and adding to their collections.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
"So many of our exhibitors are new artists and this was a fantastic showcase for their work.
"We look forward to seeing everyone again next August.