Gallery: Pots of fun at annual Art in Clay at Hatfield House
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend. Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday. The fair brought together UK and international ceramist
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend.
Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday.
The fair brought together UK and international ceramists who showcased a variety of works from sculptural pieces for the garden to wall-art ceramic pictures, and animal sculptures.
Much of the art was available to purchase, and on Friday one exhibitor even sold a sculpture to a member of the public for �3,500.
Show organiser Andy McInnes said he was "very pleased" with the event.
He added: "It was great to see so many people learning about ceramics and adding to their collections.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
"So many of our exhibitors are new artists and this was a fantastic showcase for their work.
"We look forward to seeing everyone again next August.