Gallery: Pots of fun at annual Art in Clay at Hatfield House
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend. Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday. The fair brought together UK and international ceramist
THOUSANDS of visitors flocked to the 15th Art in Clay event at Hatfield House at the weekend.
Guests enjoyed the works of 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home from Friday until Sunday.
The fair brought together UK and international ceramists who showcased a variety of works from sculptural pieces for the garden to wall-art ceramic pictures, and animal sculptures.
Much of the art was available to purchase, and on Friday one exhibitor even sold a sculpture to a member of the public for �3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Show organiser Andy McInnes said he was "very pleased" with the event.
He added: "It was great to see so many people learning about ceramics and adding to their collections.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 7 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
"So many of our exhibitors are new artists and this was a fantastic showcase for their work.
"We look forward to seeing everyone again next August.