Gallery: Pancake fun in Welwyn Garden City
A TEAM of Welwyn Hatfield Council workers have proved they are flipping fantastic. For they sprinted to victory in WGC's pancake race this morning (Tuesday). The quartet – Rebecca Neil, Mark Peacock, Richard Murrell and Sam Silcox – beat a team from John
A TEAM of Welwyn Hatfield Council workers have proved they are flipping fantastic.
For they sprinted to victory in WGC's pancake race this morning (Tuesday).
The quartet - Rebecca Neil, Mark Peacock, Richard Murrell and Sam Silcox - beat a team from John Lewis in the final.
It was the annual event's most exciting finale yet, with a sprint finish to the line.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca, 26, a planning and enforcement officer, said: "A lot of hard training has gone into the preparations for this day and we're really happy it has all paid off."
A total of 10 teams took part in the race which, as always, was around a course set up outside the Howard Centre in Howardsgate.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
The WHT went out in the semi-finals, having qualified as a runner-up in its heat.
* Hatfield town centre hosted its inaugural pancake race this afternoon. For coverage of that follow the link below.