Gallery: Olympic medallist opens new school playground
A NEW �12,000 playground was opened at a Times Territory school by a very special guest. Badminton player Jo Goode, who won a bronze medal in the mixed doubles at the Sydney Olympics as well as three Commonwealth golds, was on hand to cut the ri
A NEW �12,000 playground was opened at a Times Territory school on Monday by a very special guest.
Badminton player Jo Goode, who won a bronze medal in the mixed doubles at the Sydney Olympics as well as three Commonwealth golds, was on hand to cut the ribbon at Tewin Cowper Primary School.
The money to build the playground, which features balancing beams, low bridges and suspended rope activities, has been raised entirely by fundraising events.
Alison Simpson, headteacher at the Cannons Meadow school, said: "It has been wonderful to see the children watching excitedly as the project has progressed.
You may also want to watch:
"The Parents' Association have worked tirelessly to raise money; they have organised many brilliant events over the past couple of years which have been enjoyed by the local community as well as all of us."
She added: "We are also indebted to the team who have co-ordinated the project, giving many hours of their time and expertise in ensuring the new equipment will be a great asset and exciting experience for the children, for many years to come.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day