Gallery: Living Crafts at Hatfield House
THOUSANDS of people flocked to this year s 35th festival of Living Crafts at Hatfield House from Thursday until Sunday. Getting off to a rather dreary wet start, the weather picked up during the weekend and visitors enjoyed the hundreds of stalls on disp
THOUSANDS of people flocked to this year's 35th festival of Living Crafts at Hatfield House from Thursday until Sunday.
Getting off to a rather dreary wet start, the weather picked up during the weekend and visitors enjoyed the hundreds of stalls on display.
Members of local arts and crafts groups took part in glassblowing, clay modelling, spinning and weaving and silk painting.
Guests also enjoyed Morris dancing, a brass band and a Punch and Judy show.
A festival spokeswoman told the WHT: "People came in their thousands.
"It was absolutely amazing.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
"For me, the best part of the show was on the Sunday where we saw hundreds of people camped out on the show grounds, enjoying the music and the atmosphere.