Gallery: Knebworth Festival sees village turn out
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday. Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out. A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday.
Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: "The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out."
A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone enjoying themselves.
However, Mr Worthington said the week's highlight takes place at the festival finale on Sunday with a concert in the banqueting hall at Knebworth House.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This really is unique, you can't buy tickets to see the banqueting hall normally, this really is a one-off."
The concert of opera and light show tunes begins with drinks on the terrace.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
A few tickets are still available from Village News on Station Road.