Gallery: Knebworth Festival sees village turn out
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday. Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out. A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday.
Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: "The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out."
A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone enjoying themselves.
However, Mr Worthington said the week's highlight takes place at the festival finale on Sunday with a concert in the banqueting hall at Knebworth House.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This really is unique, you can't buy tickets to see the banqueting hall normally, this really is a one-off."
The concert of opera and light show tunes begins with drinks on the terrace.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
A few tickets are still available from Village News on Station Road.