Gallery: Knebworth Festival sees village turn out
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday. Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out. A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone
A VILLAGE fete helped kick-start a week-long festival in Knebworth on Saturday.
Festival organiser Brian Worthington said: "The weather was pretty grim but the whole village came out."
A Sixties night was also a sell out in the village hall with everyone enjoying themselves.
However, Mr Worthington said the week's highlight takes place at the festival finale on Sunday with a concert in the banqueting hall at Knebworth House.
He said: "This really is unique, you can't buy tickets to see the banqueting hall normally, this really is a one-off."
The concert of opera and light show tunes begins with drinks on the terrace.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
A few tickets are still available from Village News on Station Road.