Gallery: Goodies and baddies at annual Kimpton May festival
HEROES and Villains is the theme of the Bank Holiday weekend festivities which make up the 45th annual Kimpton May Festival. Attracting thousands of visitors each year, the four-day event runs from tonight (Friday) until Bank Holiday Monday and is recognised as one of the
HEROES and Villains is the theme of the Bank Holiday weekend festivities which make up the annual Kimpton May Festival.
Attracting thousands of visitors each year, the event runs from Friday night until Bank Holiday Monday and is recognised as one of the biggest and brightest village festivals in the UK.
The centrepiece street procession takes place on Saturday with themed floats from every section of the Kimpton community, culminating in the crowning of Harriet May, the 2009 May Queen.
There will also be an art show preview in the 13th century church and an exclusive wine event today, a Saturday night concert entitled Kimpton Entertains and a Brains of Kimpton quiz on Sunday night.
You may also want to watch:
Children's activities include a Punch and Judy show, pavement art, fairground rides, a football tournament, maypole dancing and arena events including an acrobatic duo and a tug of war.
In addition there will be a garden party, jazz band, 10K fun run, craft fair, barbecues, a giant charity auction, Morris dancers and much more besides.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Events can be booked by calling the Kimpton May Festival box office on 01438 832944.
For more information go to www.kimptonmayfest.co.uk