Gallery: Goodies and baddies at annual Kimpton May festival
HEROES and Villains is the theme of the Bank Holiday weekend festivities which make up the 45th annual Kimpton May Festival. Attracting thousands of visitors each year, the four-day event runs from tonight (Friday) until Bank Holiday Monday and is recognised as one of the
HEROES and Villains is the theme of the Bank Holiday weekend festivities which make up the annual Kimpton May Festival.
Attracting thousands of visitors each year, the event runs from Friday night until Bank Holiday Monday and is recognised as one of the biggest and brightest village festivals in the UK.
The centrepiece street procession takes place on Saturday with themed floats from every section of the Kimpton community, culminating in the crowning of Harriet May, the 2009 May Queen.
There will also be an art show preview in the 13th century church and an exclusive wine event today, a Saturday night concert entitled Kimpton Entertains and a Brains of Kimpton quiz on Sunday night.
You may also want to watch:
Children's activities include a Punch and Judy show, pavement art, fairground rides, a football tournament, maypole dancing and arena events including an acrobatic duo and a tug of war.
In addition there will be a garden party, jazz band, 10K fun run, craft fair, barbecues, a giant charity auction, Morris dancers and much more besides.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Events can be booked by calling the Kimpton May Festival box office on 01438 832944.
For more information go to www.kimptonmayfest.co.uk