Gallery: Funky dance moves by kids at Hatfield shopping centre
TO an electric 100-strong crowd, children at dance school Funkyds wowed the audience at the Galleria with an impressive mix of dance and freestyle moves. At the event at the Hatfield shopping centre before Easter, 41 youngsters performed a funky dance
TO an "electric" 100-strong crowd, children at dance school Funkyds wowed the audience at the Galleria with an impressive mix of dance and freestyle moves.
At the event at the Hatfield shopping centre before Easter, 41 youngsters performed a funky dance together to songs including Feedback by Janet Jackson.
All displayed moves they had learned in the school's Saturday classes, based in Hatfield Swim Centre and run by dancer and children's TV presenter Kerry Newell and West End dancer Paul Allnutt.
Ms Newell, who currently presents CITV's Fun Song Factory with Aston from X Factor runners-up JLS, told the WHT: "The Funkyds dance display at the Galleria went amazingly well.
You may also want to watch:
"Each class ranging from ages six to 16 all had their moment to shine on the dance floor.
"The response from the crowd was electric, they were so overwhelmed at what they saw, they asked if they could then see the dance again and to rapturous applause the kids performed the routine for the second time!"
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
If you would like to "dance like a star", pop along to the Funkyds classes, on every Saturday at the Lemsford Road centre in Hatfield.
Times are: 9am until 9.45am for four to six year olds, 10am until 1lam for seven to nine year olds, 11.15am until 12.15pm for nine to 12 year olds and 12.30pm until 1.30pm for over-13s.
For more information call Funkyds on 07510 242354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org