Gallery: Flower power marks Lemsford church's 150th birthday
A SERIES of celebrations to mark a village church's 150th anniversary began with a horticultural show. More than 800 people visited St John s Church, in Lemsford, for the annual flower festival. The Rev Edward Cardale, who helped organise the show
A SERIES of celebrations to mark a village church's 150th anniversary began with a horticultural show.
More than 800 people visited St John's Church, in Lemsford, for the annual flower festival.
The Rev Edward Cardale, who helped organise the show as part of many events going on across the summer to celebrate the 150 years, said: "It was a brilliant success.
"We had all sorts of flower arrangements representing the different parts of our community life.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a really great festival."
This Sunday the church officially celebrates the big 150th birthday with a service of thanksgiving.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
The event, which starts at 11am, will include a Champagne arrival with a slice of cake designed in the style of the Lemsford church.