Gallery: Flower power marks Lemsford church's 150th birthday
A SERIES of celebrations to mark a village church's 150th anniversary began with a horticultural show. More than 800 people visited St John s Church, in Lemsford, for the annual flower festival. The Rev Edward Cardale, who helped organise the show
A SERIES of celebrations to mark a village church's 150th anniversary began with a horticultural show.
More than 800 people visited St John's Church, in Lemsford, for the annual flower festival.
The Rev Edward Cardale, who helped organise the show as part of many events going on across the summer to celebrate the 150 years, said: "It was a brilliant success.
"We had all sorts of flower arrangements representing the different parts of our community life.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a really great festival."
This Sunday the church officially celebrates the big 150th birthday with a service of thanksgiving.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
The event, which starts at 11am, will include a Champagne arrival with a slice of cake designed in the style of the Lemsford church.