Gallery: Five stars' works of art go on show at Welwyn Garden City gallery
THE latest exhibition at the New Maynard Gallery, in Campus West, WGC, is 5 – a display of work by five members of the WGC Art Club. Exhibition artists are landscape painter Anthony Brown; watercolourist Gloria Harris; painter Christine Magee; Tanya Tur
THE latest exhibition at the New Maynard Gallery, in Campus West, WGC, is 5 - a display of work by five members of the WGC Art Club.
Exhibition artists are landscape painter Anthony Brown; watercolourist Gloria Harris; painter Christine Magee; Tanya Turton, who paints abstracts derived from wood grain; and ceramicist Peter Field.
Over 60 people attended the opening event on March 3, which was said to have been a "tremendous success".
These included the deputy mayor Kim Langley and her husband Neil; the chairman of Digswell Arts Trust, Andrew Carnegie and Mrs Cecilia Carnegie; Brian Nicholl, chairman of WGC Arts Club and Mrs Maureen Nicholl, and long-time gallery supporter Dr Dennis Lewis and Mrs Gillian Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
Have a look for yourself. The gallery is open when Campus West is. Admission is free.
The exhibition runs until Saturday.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 3 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station