Gallery: Doves officially launch live gigs at the Forum in Hatfield
INDIE-ROCK band Doves officially launched the Forum in Hatfield as a live music venue on Friday night. The Mancunian three-piece kicked off a series of great gigs lined up for the University of Hertfordshire s new �38m entertainment venue with a blisterin
INDIE-ROCK band Doves officially launched the Forum in Hatfield as a live music venue on Friday night.
The Mancunian three-piece kicked off a series of great gigs lined up for the University of Hertfordshire's new �38m entertainment venue with a blistering 90-minute set.
Before opening with most recent single Winter Hill, lead singer Jimi Goodwin announced: "Welcome Hertfordshire!"
The twice Mercury-nominated group then proceeded to play tracks from their latest studio album, Kingdom of Rust, as well as classics from chart-toppers The Last Broadcast and Some Cities, and debut single The Cedar Room.
You may also want to watch:
The trio closed a memorable first gig at the Forum with top three hit There Goes The Fear.
* See this Wednesday's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for review of the concert and exclusive interview backstage with Doves vocalist and bassist Jimi Goodwin.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield