Gallery: Datchworth village fete raises record sum
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend. Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend.
Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the Datchworth village fete.
Activities such as splat the rat, hook a duck, a Punch and Judy show and a bouncy castle, attracted thousands of people to the village green.
Anne Dexter, who organised the fete, told the WHT it was "fabulous".
"We had a fantastic day and we beat all our old records," she said.
"Every activity had a non stop flow of people.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 4 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Meet your officers at Friday’s Welwyn Garden City event
- 8 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 9 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 10 The Hertfordshire athletes taking on European Championships Munich 2022
"With the sun shining and the music from the Melody Makers flowing, it was simply beautiful.