Gallery: Datchworth village fete raises record sum
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend. Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend.
Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the Datchworth village fete.
Activities such as splat the rat, hook a duck, a Punch and Judy show and a bouncy castle, attracted thousands of people to the village green.
Anne Dexter, who organised the fete, told the WHT it was "fabulous".
You may also want to watch:
"We had a fantastic day and we beat all our old records," she said.
"Every activity had a non stop flow of people.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
"With the sun shining and the music from the Melody Makers flowing, it was simply beautiful.