Gallery: Datchworth village fete raises record sum
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend. Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the
A QUINTESSENTIALLY English fete broke previous village records this weekend.
Around �12,500 was raised as the weather stayed fine for the Datchworth village fete.
Activities such as splat the rat, hook a duck, a Punch and Judy show and a bouncy castle, attracted thousands of people to the village green.
Anne Dexter, who organised the fete, told the WHT it was "fabulous".
You may also want to watch:
"We had a fantastic day and we beat all our old records," she said.
"Every activity had a non stop flow of people.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
"With the sun shining and the music from the Melody Makers flowing, it was simply beautiful.