Gallery: Community spirit on show at Hatfield fete
YOUNG and old came together for the South Hatfield Spring Fete. Residents organised the event, in High View, to help rebuild the Hilltop area's sense of spirit. Mark Lampert, one of the organisers, was thrilled with the outcome. He told
YOUNG and old came together for the South Hatfield Spring Fete.
Residents organised the event, in High View, to help rebuild the Hilltop area's sense of spirit.
Mark Lampert, one of the organisers, was thrilled with the outcome. He told the WHT: "The fete was the best one anyone can remember; the reaction has been 100 per cent positive.
"There's a renewed enthusiasm for the event and I'm being bombarded with ideas for next year which is brilliant, although at this rate we'll need a bigger venue!"
You may also want to watch:
The Rev Philip Swinn, chairman of the fete committee, was also delighted with the support of the community.
He said: "The day was a great success; the fete was well planned and run.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
"Thank you to all the people of South Hatfield - without your community spirit and support the day would have failed.
"We look forward to a bigger and better fete next year."
Next year's fete has already been scheduled for May 8.