Gallery: Community spirit on show at Hatfield fete
YOUNG and old came together for the South Hatfield Spring Fete. Residents organised the event, in High View, to help rebuild the Hilltop area's sense of spirit. Mark Lampert, one of the organisers, was thrilled with the outcome. He told
YOUNG and old came together for the South Hatfield Spring Fete.
Residents organised the event, in High View, to help rebuild the Hilltop area's sense of spirit.
Mark Lampert, one of the organisers, was thrilled with the outcome. He told the WHT: "The fete was the best one anyone can remember; the reaction has been 100 per cent positive.
"There's a renewed enthusiasm for the event and I'm being bombarded with ideas for next year which is brilliant, although at this rate we'll need a bigger venue!"
You may also want to watch:
The Rev Philip Swinn, chairman of the fete committee, was also delighted with the support of the community.
He said: "The day was a great success; the fete was well planned and run.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
"Thank you to all the people of South Hatfield - without your community spirit and support the day would have failed.
"We look forward to a bigger and better fete next year."
Next year's fete has already been scheduled for May 8.