Gallery: Brookmans Park village has got talent!
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park s Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success. A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena. Committee member Julia Riches said: We had a ran
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park's Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success.
A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena.
Committee member Julia Riches said: "We had a range of age groups, from five to 11-year-olds and they were just amazing.
"They all received medals, as a memento of the day."
You may also want to watch:
The day started with a golden-themed fancy dress parade from the village green, which wound its way around to the school, on Bradmore Way for an afternoon of fun.
Lady Luck was smiling on the organisers weather-wise, too.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
"We were so lucky," Julia said.
"It was overcast all day, and only started spitting with rain dead on 5pm, when it was time to finish."
Money raised from last Saturday's event is still being totted up.
It will be used for school funds, including buying play equipment for the infant school children.
Julia added. "People just had an absolute ball. We are talking about next year's event already.