Gallery: Brookmans Park village has got talent!
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park s Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success. A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena. Committee member Julia Riches said: We had a ran
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park's Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success.
A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena.
Committee member Julia Riches said: "We had a range of age groups, from five to 11-year-olds and they were just amazing.
"They all received medals, as a memento of the day."
You may also want to watch:
The day started with a golden-themed fancy dress parade from the village green, which wound its way around to the school, on Bradmore Way for an afternoon of fun.
Lady Luck was smiling on the organisers weather-wise, too.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
"We were so lucky," Julia said.
"It was overcast all day, and only started spitting with rain dead on 5pm, when it was time to finish."
Money raised from last Saturday's event is still being totted up.
It will be used for school funds, including buying play equipment for the infant school children.
Julia added. "People just had an absolute ball. We are talking about next year's event already.