Gallery: Brookmans Park village has got talent!
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park s Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success. A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena. Committee member Julia Riches said: We had a ran
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park's Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success.
A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena.
Committee member Julia Riches said: "We had a range of age groups, from five to 11-year-olds and they were just amazing.
"They all received medals, as a memento of the day."
The day started with a golden-themed fancy dress parade from the village green, which wound its way around to the school, on Bradmore Way for an afternoon of fun.
Lady Luck was smiling on the organisers weather-wise, too.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
"We were so lucky," Julia said.
"It was overcast all day, and only started spitting with rain dead on 5pm, when it was time to finish."
Money raised from last Saturday's event is still being totted up.
It will be used for school funds, including buying play equipment for the infant school children.
Julia added. "People just had an absolute ball. We are talking about next year's event already.