Gallery: Brookmans Park village has got talent!
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park s Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success. A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena. Committee member Julia Riches said: We had a ran
YOUNGSTERS proved Brookmans Park's Got Talent as the 50th annual village day was a resounding success.
A total of 40 acts featuring children from the village school dominated proceedings in the main arena.
Committee member Julia Riches said: "We had a range of age groups, from five to 11-year-olds and they were just amazing.
"They all received medals, as a memento of the day."
You may also want to watch:
The day started with a golden-themed fancy dress parade from the village green, which wound its way around to the school, on Bradmore Way for an afternoon of fun.
Lady Luck was smiling on the organisers weather-wise, too.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
"We were so lucky," Julia said.
"It was overcast all day, and only started spitting with rain dead on 5pm, when it was time to finish."
Money raised from last Saturday's event is still being totted up.
It will be used for school funds, including buying play equipment for the infant school children.
Julia added. "People just had an absolute ball. We are talking about next year's event already.