Gallery: Art in Clay opens at Hatfield House
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House. There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House.
There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and guide them through demonstrations.
An opportunity for hands-on experience can also be found in the 'Throw-a-Pot' area where an experienced thrower will guide participants through making their very own pot.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The fair brings together the best of UK and international ceramists, presenting a truly stunning variety of work, from large sculptural pieces for the garden to tiny delicate porcelain dishes, wall-art ceramic pictures, ceramic lamps and lighting, and animal sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
"Pieces range from the purely artistic for display to those for general household use, from the easily affordable to investment pieces, making this an ideal place to find that special individual birthday or wedding present."
** The show is open from 10am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday).
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
Tickets cost �7.50 adults, �7 seniors, �3.50 for children aged five to 15 and free entry for under-fives (the cost does not include entrance to the house).
You can find out more about the show at www.artinclay.co.uk