Gallery: Art in Clay opens at Hatfield House
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House. There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House.
There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and guide them through demonstrations.
An opportunity for hands-on experience can also be found in the 'Throw-a-Pot' area where an experienced thrower will guide participants through making their very own pot.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The fair brings together the best of UK and international ceramists, presenting a truly stunning variety of work, from large sculptural pieces for the garden to tiny delicate porcelain dishes, wall-art ceramic pictures, ceramic lamps and lighting, and animal sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
"Pieces range from the purely artistic for display to those for general household use, from the easily affordable to investment pieces, making this an ideal place to find that special individual birthday or wedding present."
** The show is open from 10am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday).
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Tickets cost �7.50 adults, �7 seniors, �3.50 for children aged five to 15 and free entry for under-fives (the cost does not include entrance to the house).
You can find out more about the show at www.artinclay.co.uk