Gallery: Art in Clay opens at Hatfield House
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House. There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House.
There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and guide them through demonstrations.
An opportunity for hands-on experience can also be found in the 'Throw-a-Pot' area where an experienced thrower will guide participants through making their very own pot.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The fair brings together the best of UK and international ceramists, presenting a truly stunning variety of work, from large sculptural pieces for the garden to tiny delicate porcelain dishes, wall-art ceramic pictures, ceramic lamps and lighting, and animal sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
"Pieces range from the purely artistic for display to those for general household use, from the easily affordable to investment pieces, making this an ideal place to find that special individual birthday or wedding present."
** The show is open from 10am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday).
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Tickets cost �7.50 adults, �7 seniors, �3.50 for children aged five to 15 and free entry for under-fives (the cost does not include entrance to the house).
You can find out more about the show at www.artinclay.co.uk