Gallery: Art in Clay opens at Hatfield House
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House. There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House.
There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and guide them through demonstrations.
An opportunity for hands-on experience can also be found in the 'Throw-a-Pot' area where an experienced thrower will guide participants through making their very own pot.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The fair brings together the best of UK and international ceramists, presenting a truly stunning variety of work, from large sculptural pieces for the garden to tiny delicate porcelain dishes, wall-art ceramic pictures, ceramic lamps and lighting, and animal sculptures.
"Pieces range from the purely artistic for display to those for general household use, from the easily affordable to investment pieces, making this an ideal place to find that special individual birthday or wedding present."
** The show is open from 10am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday).
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
Tickets cost �7.50 adults, �7 seniors, �3.50 for children aged five to 15 and free entry for under-fives (the cost does not include entrance to the house).
You can find out more about the show at www.artinclay.co.uk