Gallery: Art in Clay opens at Hatfield House
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House. There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and
A HUGE array of pottery, ceramics and porcelain have gone on show at the 15th Art in Clay event, which opens this morning (Friday) at Hatfield House.
There are more than 170 exhibitors in the grounds of the stately home, on hand to talk to visitors and guide them through demonstrations.
An opportunity for hands-on experience can also be found in the 'Throw-a-Pot' area where an experienced thrower will guide participants through making their very own pot.
A spokesman for the organisers said: "The fair brings together the best of UK and international ceramists, presenting a truly stunning variety of work, from large sculptural pieces for the garden to tiny delicate porcelain dishes, wall-art ceramic pictures, ceramic lamps and lighting, and animal sculptures.
You may also want to watch:
"Pieces range from the purely artistic for display to those for general household use, from the easily affordable to investment pieces, making this an ideal place to find that special individual birthday or wedding present."
** The show is open from 10am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday).
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
Tickets cost �7.50 adults, �7 seniors, �3.50 for children aged five to 15 and free entry for under-fives (the cost does not include entrance to the house).
You can find out more about the show at www.artinclay.co.uk