Gallery: A little bit of Stavros Flatley in Welwyn Garden City
CUSTOMERS at a WGC bookstore were treated to (a little bit) of one of the year’s most unlikely televison acts this weekend.
Stavros Flatley, the father and son pairing of Demetrios and Lagi Demetriou, who reached the final of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent show with their unique take on traditional Greek dance, came to Maher The Bookseller in the Howard Centre on Saturday.
Well, one half of them. Teenager Lagi was unfortunately unable to attend due to illness, leaving dad Demetrios to meet fans and sign copies of their new book, How To Be (a Little Bit) Greek.
But the crowd was not left disappointed, as Demetrios happily met fans’ and fooled around for the cameras.
Store owner Tony Maher said: “Demi was so lovely, he is an extraordinarily fun bloke. He was so apologetic about Lagi not being able to make it, but he needn’t have been. It was nobody’s fault.
You may also want to watch:
“He just wanted to meet everyone and put his arm around them. It was a very good event.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign