Gallery: A little bit of Stavros Flatley in Welwyn Garden City
CUSTOMERS at a WGC bookstore were treated to (a little bit) of one of the year’s most unlikely televison acts this weekend.
Stavros Flatley, the father and son pairing of Demetrios and Lagi Demetriou, who reached the final of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent show with their unique take on traditional Greek dance, came to Maher The Bookseller in the Howard Centre on Saturday.
Well, one half of them. Teenager Lagi was unfortunately unable to attend due to illness, leaving dad Demetrios to meet fans and sign copies of their new book, How To Be (a Little Bit) Greek.
But the crowd was not left disappointed, as Demetrios happily met fans’ and fooled around for the cameras.
Store owner Tony Maher said: “Demi was so lovely, he is an extraordinarily fun bloke. He was so apologetic about Lagi not being able to make it, but he needn’t have been. It was nobody’s fault.
You may also want to watch:
“He just wanted to meet everyone and put his arm around them. It was a very good event.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder