Gallery: A little bit of Stavros Flatley in Welwyn Garden City
CUSTOMERS at a WGC bookstore were treated to (a little bit) of one of the year’s most unlikely televison acts this weekend.
Stavros Flatley, the father and son pairing of Demetrios and Lagi Demetriou, who reached the final of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent show with their unique take on traditional Greek dance, came to Maher The Bookseller in the Howard Centre on Saturday.
Well, one half of them. Teenager Lagi was unfortunately unable to attend due to illness, leaving dad Demetrios to meet fans and sign copies of their new book, How To Be (a Little Bit) Greek.
But the crowd was not left disappointed, as Demetrios happily met fans’ and fooled around for the cameras.
Store owner Tony Maher said: “Demi was so lovely, he is an extraordinarily fun bloke. He was so apologetic about Lagi not being able to make it, but he needn’t have been. It was nobody’s fault.
You may also want to watch:
“He just wanted to meet everyone and put his arm around them. It was a very good event.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued