Gallery: A little bit of Stavros Flatley in Welwyn Garden City
CUSTOMERS at a WGC bookstore were treated to (a little bit) of one of the year’s most unlikely televison acts this weekend.
Stavros Flatley, the father and son pairing of Demetrios and Lagi Demetriou, who reached the final of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent show with their unique take on traditional Greek dance, came to Maher The Bookseller in the Howard Centre on Saturday.
Well, one half of them. Teenager Lagi was unfortunately unable to attend due to illness, leaving dad Demetrios to meet fans and sign copies of their new book, How To Be (a Little Bit) Greek.
But the crowd was not left disappointed, as Demetrios happily met fans’ and fooled around for the cameras.
Store owner Tony Maher said: “Demi was so lovely, he is an extraordinarily fun bloke. He was so apologetic about Lagi not being able to make it, but he needn’t have been. It was nobody’s fault.
You may also want to watch:
“He just wanted to meet everyone and put his arm around them. It was a very good event.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes