Galleria in Hatfield continues to buck gloomy economic forecasts
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news. But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street. The
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news.
But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street.
The Galleria outlet centre, on Comet Way, Hatfield, has reported increased footfall and sales throughout January.
And director Tim Stirling told the WHT he has every reason to believe the centre can continue to buck the current retail trend.
You may also want to watch:
"We are very positive about the future," he said.
"We have had a very good January - traffic in the first week of the month was 26 per cent up on last year."
- 1 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 6 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 7 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 8 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 9 Poll results announced for winning Classic Ibiza tracks to be added to Hatfield concert set
- 10 Hertford Theatre prepares for reopening and then closing ahead of £19.9m redevelopment project
He added: "Undoubtedly the cold weather snap has helped being an indoor centre."