Galleria in Hatfield continues to buck gloomy economic forecasts
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news. But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street. The
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news.
But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street.
The Galleria outlet centre, on Comet Way, Hatfield, has reported increased footfall and sales throughout January.
And director Tim Stirling told the WHT he has every reason to believe the centre can continue to buck the current retail trend.
You may also want to watch:
"We are very positive about the future," he said.
"We have had a very good January - traffic in the first week of the month was 26 per cent up on last year."
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
He added: "Undoubtedly the cold weather snap has helped being an indoor centre."