Galleria in Hatfield continues to buck gloomy economic forecasts
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news. But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street. The
SCARCELY a day passes at the moment without the word recession cropping up in the news.
But for one Times Territory shopping complex, the downturn is not being felt as keenly as it is in the high street.
The Galleria outlet centre, on Comet Way, Hatfield, has reported increased footfall and sales throughout January.
And director Tim Stirling told the WHT he has every reason to believe the centre can continue to buck the current retail trend.
You may also want to watch:
"We are very positive about the future," he said.
"We have had a very good January - traffic in the first week of the month was 26 per cent up on last year."
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
He added: "Undoubtedly the cold weather snap has helped being an indoor centre."