Further celebrations planned for WGC 90th anniversary
A DOUBLE birthday celebration is taking place next month, as the festivities marking WGC’s 90th anniversary continue.
A day-long event featuring giant inflatables, treasure hunts and live music will take place in the town centre on Saturday, September 11, followed by a special tea party for long term residents.
From 12pm to 6pm, WGC town centre will be packed with activities, including a giant inflatable assault course, high slide, outdoor roller rink, live music, artists, fun fair rides, town trail treasure hunt, face painting and a fine food and craft market.
A stage will be set up outside the Howard Centre for live music.
Then, at the John Lewis department store, specially selected residents, who have lived in WGC for 50 years or more, will meet up for a specialevening reception in their honour.
You may also want to watch:
Residents hoping to get their hands on tickets to the reception need to enter a ballot, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, address and telephone number, and the date they moved to the town and first address.
Alternatively contact the box office at Campus West on 01707 357117.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Councillor Tony Kingsbury, executive member for leisure and community, said: “This event is a great opportunity to bring the whole community together to celebrate WGC’s 90th birthday and to have a fun day out for all the family too.
“I’d like to extend my thanks to all those who have been involved in helping us to celebrate this milestone throughout the year, and to John Lewis for hosting the birthday celebration.”