Further celebrations planned for WGC 90th anniversary
A DOUBLE birthday celebration is taking place next month, as the festivities marking WGC’s 90th anniversary continue.
A day-long event featuring giant inflatables, treasure hunts and live music will take place in the town centre on Saturday, September 11, followed by a special tea party for long term residents.
From 12pm to 6pm, WGC town centre will be packed with activities, including a giant inflatable assault course, high slide, outdoor roller rink, live music, artists, fun fair rides, town trail treasure hunt, face painting and a fine food and craft market.
A stage will be set up outside the Howard Centre for live music.
Then, at the John Lewis department store, specially selected residents, who have lived in WGC for 50 years or more, will meet up for a specialevening reception in their honour.
You may also want to watch:
Residents hoping to get their hands on tickets to the reception need to enter a ballot, by emailing email@example.com with their name, address and telephone number, and the date they moved to the town and first address.
Alternatively contact the box office at Campus West on 01707 357117.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Councillor Tony Kingsbury, executive member for leisure and community, said: “This event is a great opportunity to bring the whole community together to celebrate WGC’s 90th birthday and to have a fun day out for all the family too.
“I’d like to extend my thanks to all those who have been involved in helping us to celebrate this milestone throughout the year, and to John Lewis for hosting the birthday celebration.”