Further celebrations planned for WGC 90th anniversary
A DOUBLE birthday celebration is taking place next month, as the festivities marking WGC’s 90th anniversary continue.
A day-long event featuring giant inflatables, treasure hunts and live music will take place in the town centre on Saturday, September 11, followed by a special tea party for long term residents.
From 12pm to 6pm, WGC town centre will be packed with activities, including a giant inflatable assault course, high slide, outdoor roller rink, live music, artists, fun fair rides, town trail treasure hunt, face painting and a fine food and craft market.
A stage will be set up outside the Howard Centre for live music.
Then, at the John Lewis department store, specially selected residents, who have lived in WGC for 50 years or more, will meet up for a specialevening reception in their honour.
You may also want to watch:
Residents hoping to get their hands on tickets to the reception need to enter a ballot, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, address and telephone number, and the date they moved to the town and first address.
Alternatively contact the box office at Campus West on 01707 357117.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Councillor Tony Kingsbury, executive member for leisure and community, said: “This event is a great opportunity to bring the whole community together to celebrate WGC’s 90th birthday and to have a fun day out for all the family too.
“I’d like to extend my thanks to all those who have been involved in helping us to celebrate this milestone throughout the year, and to John Lewis for hosting the birthday celebration.”