Furnishing company's royal seal of approval
WHAT do Kylie Minogue, Katie Price, Twiggy and Linda Barker all have in common? Answer: They have all released a line of home furnishing products through a company based in Times Territory. And now, The Ashley Wilde Group can add another name to its illustrious list of admiring celebrities
WHAT do Kylie Minogue, Katie Price, Twiggy and Linda Barker all have in common?
Answer: They have all released a line of home furnishing products through a company based in Times Territory.
And now, The Ashley Wilde Group can add another name to its illustrious list of admiring celebrities: the Queen.
The soft furnishings company has just picked up one of the most prestigious awards in business, a 2009 Queen's Award for Enterprise.
You may also want to watch:
Staff members were on hand to receive the trophy at their showroom in Travellers Lane, presented by the Countess of Verulam, who is the current Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire.
Chief executive Ashley Brodin reflected on the company's achievement: "We've been given this beautiful glass dish," he said.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
"And we're going to the Palace next week to meet the Queen.
"We're a design company that produces textiles for 60 countries around the world, but we're still a real part of the community.
"We're a local service for
people from Hertfordshire, and we're very proud to receive this great accolade."
The company specialises in high quality, bespoke home furnishing including towels, bed linen, cushions, throws and curtains.
It was established in 1950 by Mr Brodin's grandfather, and to this day, Ashley Wilde remains very much a family-run business.
The chief executive's son, Simon, is the company's managing director.
"Hopefully, it will remain a family business for a long time to come," Mr Brodin said.
For more information about Ashley Wilde, visit www.ashleywildegroup.co.uk