Funky new manager at Welwyn Garden City clothes shop
A CLOTHES shop for children is under new management in WGC.
WATCHING your children grow up is supposed to be a happy time – but it’s certainly not from a financial perspective.
Finding clothes to fit your ever-expanding flock is a massive drain on your wallet, not helped by some of the extortionate prices slapped on to designer labels by some stores.
But after coming under new management, a shop in WGC is promising an altogether easier shopping experience for you, your children, and your pocket.
Funky Joe in Fretherne Road has been taken over by veteran retailer Marian Deverell – and she wants everyone in town to know things have changed in the store.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to provide children’s clothing at competitive prices,” said Marian, 66.
“Children’s clothing is very expensive, and although we’re keeping some of the well-known brands, we’ve got a couple of other labels that also do very well and are much cheaper.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
Marian said she wasn’t sure people in the town knew that she’d taken over at Funky Joe, and wanted to alert customers old and new to her latest enterprise.
Having run her other store Kids Craft, at the Galleria in Hatfield, for 14 years, Marian said she now will bringing that experience to WGC.
“I’ve been in the trade for 20 years,” she said. “I’ve had a lifetime of experience.”
So what’s her secret?
“We’re trying to make it a more welcoming place, where you can look around and use the shop even if you don’t buy anything.
“Just come in, have a look, and see how things are different.”
Funky Joe provides clothing for children aged 0 to 16.
Call the store on 01707 708 483 or drop by to see what’s on offer.