Funeral for a Friend talk about forthcoming Forum gig in Hatfield
WELSH rockers Funeral for a Friend are undoubtedly one of the biggest bands to have signed to play the Forum so far. And as the University of Hertfordshire venue s official media partner, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times was given an exclusive interview with b
WELSH rockers Funeral for a Friend are undoubtedly one of the biggest bands to have signed to play the Forum so far.
And as the University of Hertfordshire venue's official media partner, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times was given an exclusive interview with bass player Gavin Burrough ahead of this Thursday's gig.
Gavin joined the group in August 2008 as a replacement for Gareth Davies.
And according to the 28-year-old, the band's sound has changed as a result.
You may also want to watch:
"When someone else joins the band it changes the dynamic a little bit," he said.
"I am more of a vocalist than Gareth, so we are trying to incorporate different harmonies and share the vocals."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Formed in 2002, Funeral for a Friend have just released a greatest hits album, entitled Your History Is Mine: 2002-2009.
But Gavin is adamant that this marks a new chapter in the development of the band, rather than the beginning of the end.
He said: "It just felt like the right time.
"It is a little bit of a line in the sand to say this is a new band with me in it."
Gavin also admitted the band were excited to be among the first groups to grace the stage at the new �38m Forum development in Hatfield.
"�38m that is a lot of money!," he said.
"It should be awesome!"
Funeral for a Friend will be at the Forum on Thursday, October 15.
Doors open at 7pm and tickets cost �15 and are available from www.seetickets.com and www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk
For more information about the band, visit www.funeralforafriend.com