Funeral details for Potters Bar councillor announced
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced. A service for cllr Heywood will be held on
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced.
A service for cllr Heywood will be held on Thursday, September 17, at Garston Crematorium, starting at 12.30pm.
Before then, his coffin will pass by the council head offices in Borehamwood at noon.
Cllr Heywood died on Saturday, aged 56, having been in hospital since March this year with a number of serious health complaints.
You may also want to watch:
He represented the Oakmere ward of Potters Bar, and had been elected to Hertfordshire County Council earlier this year, as a representative for Borehamwood North. He was also an Elstree and Borehamwood town councillor.
A by-election for all three of cllr Heywood's seats is expected to be called after the funeral next week.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire