Funeral details for Potters Bar councillor announced
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced. A service for cllr Heywood will be held on
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced.
A service for cllr Heywood will be held on Thursday, September 17, at Garston Crematorium, starting at 12.30pm.
Before then, his coffin will pass by the council head offices in Borehamwood at noon.
Cllr Heywood died on Saturday, aged 56, having been in hospital since March this year with a number of serious health complaints.
You may also want to watch:
He represented the Oakmere ward of Potters Bar, and had been elected to Hertfordshire County Council earlier this year, as a representative for Borehamwood North. He was also an Elstree and Borehamwood town councillor.
A by-election for all three of cllr Heywood's seats is expected to be called after the funeral next week.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced