Funeral details for Potters Bar councillor announced
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced. A service for cllr Heywood will be held on
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced.
A service for cllr Heywood will be held on Thursday, September 17, at Garston Crematorium, starting at 12.30pm.
Before then, his coffin will pass by the council head offices in Borehamwood at noon.
Cllr Heywood died on Saturday, aged 56, having been in hospital since March this year with a number of serious health complaints.
You may also want to watch:
He represented the Oakmere ward of Potters Bar, and had been elected to Hertfordshire County Council earlier this year, as a representative for Borehamwood North. He was also an Elstree and Borehamwood town councillor.
A by-election for all three of cllr Heywood's seats is expected to be called after the funeral next week.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best