Funeral details for Potters Bar councillor announced
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced. A service for cllr Heywood will be held on
THE funeral plans for former Hertsmere mayor and Potters Bar councillor Martin Heywood have been announced.
A service for cllr Heywood will be held on Thursday, September 17, at Garston Crematorium, starting at 12.30pm.
Before then, his coffin will pass by the council head offices in Borehamwood at noon.
Cllr Heywood died on Saturday, aged 56, having been in hospital since March this year with a number of serious health complaints.
You may also want to watch:
He represented the Oakmere ward of Potters Bar, and had been elected to Hertfordshire County Council earlier this year, as a representative for Borehamwood North. He was also an Elstree and Borehamwood town councillor.
A by-election for all three of cllr Heywood's seats is expected to be called after the funeral next week.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return