Funds raised for elderly and lonely Welwyn Garden City Christmas dinner
THE final preparations are being made for an annual Christmas Day dinner which provides a lunch for the elderly and lonely.
The Mixed Group is well on its way to making this year’s feast an extra special occasion with around 105 guests, all of whom will receive a gift, expected to attend.
Entertainment will come in the form of a diablo performer, a duo singing act and much more.
And the latest funds, some �150 odd in coins, were added this week from neighbourhood residents at Whitefield House, in Cecil Crescent, Hatfield.
Those funds were put on top of the �500 raised at the quiz night held at Douglas Tilbe House, in Hall Grove, where the dinner on Christmas Day will also be.
You may also want to watch:
Mixed Group organiser Sean Cox said: “We are ever so thankful once again for the wonderful support from everyone has been involved.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM