Funds raised for elderly and lonely Welwyn Garden City Christmas dinner
THE final preparations are being made for an annual Christmas Day dinner which provides a lunch for the elderly and lonely.
The Mixed Group is well on its way to making this year’s feast an extra special occasion with around 105 guests, all of whom will receive a gift, expected to attend.
Entertainment will come in the form of a diablo performer, a duo singing act and much more.
And the latest funds, some �150 odd in coins, were added this week from neighbourhood residents at Whitefield House, in Cecil Crescent, Hatfield.
Those funds were put on top of the �500 raised at the quiz night held at Douglas Tilbe House, in Hall Grove, where the dinner on Christmas Day will also be.
You may also want to watch:
Mixed Group organiser Sean Cox said: “We are ever so thankful once again for the wonderful support from everyone has been involved.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!