Fundraiser for Welwyn Garden City toddler with cerebral palsy
PUBLISHED: 11:15 27 September 2017 | UPDATED: 13:11 27 September 2017
A Welwyn Garden City resident is holding a fundraiser for her cousin's son, who was born with cerebral palsy.
Jenson Mardlin, three, suffered brain damage after being born three months early, and his family have since been raising money for his treatment and care.
They are also looking to make his home accessible for when he gets older.
The latest scheduled fundraiser is at Hatfield Hyde Cricket Club between 1pm and 9pm on October 22, and will feature an auction.
The items up for auction include:
• One Essence Pandora bracelet with three charms (worth £164)
• One Pandora Classic Elegance ring (worth £60)
• Ferrari 430 driving experience
• Lightning McQueen driving experience
• Welwyn Garden City Golf Club 4-Ball voucher
• Arsenal FC signed team photograph
• Manchester United FC signed football
• Republic of Ireland football shirt signed by full team and printed ‘Ward’
• Tottenham Hotspur signed pennant
• Watford FC signed pennant
• Luton Town FC signed programme
• Red Bull F1 signed Verstappen and Ricardo signed drivers cards
• Two Halfords full services (worth £225 each)
• Two Celtic FC tickets with four stadium tour tickets
• One family stand ticket (two adults, two children) for Charlton Athletic FC
• Two Derby County FC Complimentary tickets
• Two Sheffield United FC tickets
• Four Middlesex CC tickets
• Two Glamorgan CC tickets
• Celebrity Juice signed photo
• Arctic Monkeys signed set list
• Travis signed record
• UK Paintballing day for five people
• Two Let’s Rock concert tickets for Wembley Arena (worth £39 each)
• Handmade Winnie the Pooh quilt by Julia Barnes
• Gary Barlow signed photograph
• Lexington bed spread, cushion and cushion cover (worth £255 for the set)
There will also be a raffle, a popcorn and candy floss machine, hot drinks, a bar, cake sale, cold buffet, and Bee’s Crafts for Children.
A magician/entertainer called Captain Fantastic who is a superhero with the power of magic will be there to entertain the children.
Erin McCann, the cousin of Jenson’s mum Kirsty, urged anyone who could donate to the cause to do so via the JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jenson-mardlin-4
For more information or if you wish to put down a reserve price on something up for auction contact Erin by emailing email@example.com.