Friendly Fires to play homecoming gig at Alban Arena
A POPULAR Herts three-piece band have decided to treat their hometown fans to a special gig at the Alban Arena. Friendly Fires, who played one of Glastonbury s biggest stages at this year s festival, are releasing a new single, Kiss of Life, at the end o
A POPULAR Herts three-piece band have decided to treat their hometown fans to a special gig at the Alban Arena.
Friendly Fires, who played one of Glastonbury's biggest stages at this year's festival, are releasing a new single, Kiss of Life, at the end of August.
And to celebrate they are playing a special St Albans show on September 3.
Friendly Fires - comprising singer and bassist Ed Macfarlane, guitarist Edd Gibson and drummer Jack Savidge - met at St Albans School and formed their first band when they were aged 14.
You may also want to watch:
The band, best known for hits Paris, Jump in the Pool and Skeleton Boy, say they are looking forward to their homecoming show.
"Edd once went to see Sooty at this venue and said it was one of the greatest gigs of his life, so if you manage to get a ticket you know you're in for something special."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
They added: "We're hoping to hold an after-party at the Horn Pub in St Albans, where we played some of our earliest gigs eight to 10 years ago, so look out for that too."
Tickets for the special gig can only be purchased online at www.crowdsurge.com/friendlyfires
Friendly Fires are also playing the Standon Calling festival next month along with Ladytron and Tony Christie.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for Standon Calling preview.