Friendly Fires to play homecoming gig at Alban Arena
A POPULAR Herts three-piece band have decided to treat their hometown fans to a special gig at the Alban Arena. Friendly Fires, who played one of Glastonbury s biggest stages at this year s festival, are releasing a new single, Kiss of Life, at the end o
A POPULAR Herts three-piece band have decided to treat their hometown fans to a special gig at the Alban Arena.
Friendly Fires, who played one of Glastonbury's biggest stages at this year's festival, are releasing a new single, Kiss of Life, at the end of August.
And to celebrate they are playing a special St Albans show on September 3.
Friendly Fires - comprising singer and bassist Ed Macfarlane, guitarist Edd Gibson and drummer Jack Savidge - met at St Albans School and formed their first band when they were aged 14.
You may also want to watch:
The band, best known for hits Paris, Jump in the Pool and Skeleton Boy, say they are looking forward to their homecoming show.
"Edd once went to see Sooty at this venue and said it was one of the greatest gigs of his life, so if you manage to get a ticket you know you're in for something special."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
They added: "We're hoping to hold an after-party at the Horn Pub in St Albans, where we played some of our earliest gigs eight to 10 years ago, so look out for that too."
Tickets for the special gig can only be purchased online at www.crowdsurge.com/friendlyfires
Friendly Fires are also playing the Standon Calling festival next month along with Ladytron and Tony Christie.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for Standon Calling preview.