Fridge fumes injure two at Welwyn Garden City flats
FIRE crews and paramedics have rushed to a block of flats in WGC after reports of gas and smoke billowing from the building.
Two fire crews from WGC and one from Hatfield, as well as four ambulance crews from WGC, are currently on the scene at the retirement apartments in Roseacre Gardens, in Panshanger.
A fire service spokeswoman said they had been called after reports of gas and smoke issuing from a refrigeration unit.
East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said a man and a woman had inhaled fumes.
He said: “At present an elderly woman has been conveyed to the QE2 Hospital with respiratory problems.
You may also want to watch:
“A second casualty, a man, is currently been assessed by paramedics at the scene for breathing problems.”
The emergency services were alerted just before noon today (Monday).
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing