Fridge fumes injure two at Welwyn Garden City flats

FIRE crews and paramedics have rushed to a block of flats in WGC after reports of gas and smoke billowing from the building.

Two fire crews from WGC and one from Hatfield, as well as four ambulance crews from WGC, are currently on the scene at the retirement apartments in Roseacre Gardens, in Panshanger.

A fire service spokeswoman said they had been called after reports of gas and smoke issuing from a refrigeration unit.

East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said a man and a woman had inhaled fumes.

He said: “At present an elderly woman has been conveyed to the QE2 Hospital with respiratory problems.


You may also want to watch:


“A second casualty, a man, is currently been assessed by paramedics at the scene for breathing problems.”

The emergency services were alerted just before noon today (Monday).

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter