Fridge fumes injure two at Welwyn Garden City flats
FIRE crews and paramedics have rushed to a block of flats in WGC after reports of gas and smoke billowing from the building.
Two fire crews from WGC and one from Hatfield, as well as four ambulance crews from WGC, are currently on the scene at the retirement apartments in Roseacre Gardens, in Panshanger.
A fire service spokeswoman said they had been called after reports of gas and smoke issuing from a refrigeration unit.
East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said a man and a woman had inhaled fumes.
He said: “At present an elderly woman has been conveyed to the QE2 Hospital with respiratory problems.
You may also want to watch:
“A second casualty, a man, is currently been assessed by paramedics at the scene for breathing problems.”
The emergency services were alerted just before noon today (Monday).
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure