Free swimming times change at Furzefield Centre from today
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday). From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Currently eligible residents can u
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday).
From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Currently eligible residents can use the pool for free between 10am and noon.
The times of the other free sessions will remain unchanged.
You may also want to watch:
"The scheme is a fantastic way for children and young people as well as older people to lead a healthier lifestyle without having to spend a penny."
Councillor Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: "The morning sessions have been changed in response to feedback from residents using the scheme and to fit in with the centre's summer schedules."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
She added: "Swimming is a great form of exercise as it puts little stress on your body and works all the major muscles.
"Swimming regularly will help young people improve their fitness and reduce health risks such as heart attack, stroke and dementia for older people."
For more information on free swimming, call the Furzefield Centre on 01707 850500.