Free swimming times change at Furzefield Centre from today
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday). From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Currently eligible residents can u
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday).
From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Currently eligible residents can use the pool for free between 10am and noon.
The times of the other free sessions will remain unchanged.
You may also want to watch:
"The scheme is a fantastic way for children and young people as well as older people to lead a healthier lifestyle without having to spend a penny."
Councillor Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: "The morning sessions have been changed in response to feedback from residents using the scheme and to fit in with the centre's summer schedules."
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
She added: "Swimming is a great form of exercise as it puts little stress on your body and works all the major muscles.
"Swimming regularly will help young people improve their fitness and reduce health risks such as heart attack, stroke and dementia for older people."
For more information on free swimming, call the Furzefield Centre on 01707 850500.