Free swimming times change at Furzefield Centre from today
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday). From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Currently eligible residents can u
FREE swimming times will be changing in Potters Bar from today (Monday).
From this week, the over-60s and under-16s can swim for free at the Furzefield Centre between 7.30am and 9.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Currently eligible residents can use the pool for free between 10am and noon.
The times of the other free sessions will remain unchanged.
You may also want to watch:
"The scheme is a fantastic way for children and young people as well as older people to lead a healthier lifestyle without having to spend a penny."
Councillor Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: "The morning sessions have been changed in response to feedback from residents using the scheme and to fit in with the centre's summer schedules."
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
She added: "Swimming is a great form of exercise as it puts little stress on your body and works all the major muscles.
"Swimming regularly will help young people improve their fitness and reduce health risks such as heart attack, stroke and dementia for older people."
For more information on free swimming, call the Furzefield Centre on 01707 850500.