Free swimming in Potters Bar will continue
FREE swimming for pensioners and youngsters in Potters Bar will continue for a further six months. Hertsmere borough councillors voted to extend the pilot currently operating until at least March next year. Since April, the over-60s and under-16s in Potte
FREE swimming for pensioners and youngsters in Potters Bar will continue for a further six months.
Hertsmere borough councillors voted to extend the pilot currently operating until at least March next year.
Since April, the over-60s and under-16s in Potters Bar have been able to use the pool at the Furzefield Leisure Centre, in Mutton Lane, for free for a total of seven hours each week.
The scheme, which has cost the borough council �3,098, had been due to come to an end on September 30.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: "There has been a fantastic response to the free swimming.
"Every resident who took part was written to and invited to take part in a questionnaire and the overall response has been positive."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
She added: "The take up has been good and residents have said it has encouraged them to go more often.
"Regular swimming has specific health benefits and can contribute towards an improved quality of life so this is great news."
During September, the free sessions are available at the Furzefield Centre in Potters Bar on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 7.30am and 9.30am, and 4pm to 6pm.