Free Swimming for children and over 60s at hatfield Swim centre
ANYONE for a swim? From April 1, Hatfield Swim Centre will be offering free swimming to people aged over 60, or 16 and under. Welwyn Hatfield Council has received funding for the next two years from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, as part of t
ANYONE for a swim?
From April 1, Hatfield Swim Centre will be offering free swimming to people aged over 60, or 16 and under.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has received funding for the next two years from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, as part of the Government's �140m drive to offer more opportunities for people to get involved in sports.
The centre, managed by Finesse Leisure, previously offered free swimming sessions during the school holidays, an offer still available for selected sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Children already registered for free swimming during the holidays will be automatically transferred onto the new programme.
Bob Jewell, Welwyn Hatfield Council's director of finance and operations, said: "This is a very welcome programme for the borough.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
"Securing the Government funding for free swimming for under-16s and over-60s allows us to provide a great service to a lot of people.
"We offered free swimming during the school holidays and it proved very successful, so to offer it for the coming years is fantastic."