Free Swimming for children and over 60s at hatfield Swim centre
ANYONE for a swim? From April 1, Hatfield Swim Centre will be offering free swimming to people aged over 60, or 16 and under. Welwyn Hatfield Council has received funding for the next two years from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, as part of t
ANYONE for a swim?
From April 1, Hatfield Swim Centre will be offering free swimming to people aged over 60, or 16 and under.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has received funding for the next two years from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, as part of the Government's �140m drive to offer more opportunities for people to get involved in sports.
The centre, managed by Finesse Leisure, previously offered free swimming sessions during the school holidays, an offer still available for selected sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Children already registered for free swimming during the holidays will be automatically transferred onto the new programme.
Bob Jewell, Welwyn Hatfield Council's director of finance and operations, said: "This is a very welcome programme for the borough.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
"Securing the Government funding for free swimming for under-16s and over-60s allows us to provide a great service to a lot of people.
"We offered free swimming during the school holidays and it proved very successful, so to offer it for the coming years is fantastic."