Free swimming extended in Potters Bar
PENSIONERS and youngsters who have enjoyed free swimming lessons in Potters Bar can now take advantage of the sessions for a further 12 months.
Hertsmere Borough Council has decided to continue the free swimming sessions until March 2011.
Those over the age of 60 or children under the age of 16 will benefit from the sessions – which started in April last year and were due to end in September – at Furzefield Leisure Centre.
They are available for seven hours each week.
A council spokeswoman said: “Regular swimming has specific health benefits and can contribute towards an improved quality of life so this is great news.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the days and times of the free swimming lessons call the Mutton Lane leisure centre on 01707 850500.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One