Free swimming extended in Potters Bar
PENSIONERS and youngsters who have enjoyed free swimming lessons in Potters Bar can now take advantage of the sessions for a further 12 months.
Hertsmere Borough Council has decided to continue the free swimming sessions until March 2011.
Those over the age of 60 or children under the age of 16 will benefit from the sessions – which started in April last year and were due to end in September – at Furzefield Leisure Centre.
They are available for seven hours each week.
A council spokeswoman said: “Regular swimming has specific health benefits and can contribute towards an improved quality of life so this is great news.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the days and times of the free swimming lessons call the Mutton Lane leisure centre on 01707 850500.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17