Free child seat safety checks in Potters Bar
PARENTS will be able to take advantage of free child car seat checks in Potters Bar on Wednesday. According to research, eight out of 10 such seats in Hertfordshire are fitted incorrectly, which can lead to injury or even death in the event of an accident
PARENTS will be able to take advantage of free child car seat checks in Potters Bar on Wednesday.
According to research, eight out of 10 such seats in Hertfordshire are fitted incorrectly, which can lead to injury or even death in the event of an accident.
To highlight this issue, Hertsmere Borough Council is offering free safety checks between 10am and 3.30pm in the car park of Tesco in Mutton Lane.
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for health, said: "It's shocking that 80 per cent of car seats do not restrain children sufficiently, putting them in serious danger if there is an accident.
You may also want to watch:
"Getting your car seats checked will not take long and could save your child's life. "Even better it is free, so please do come along."
For more information call health promotion officer Liz Paffley on 020 8207 2277.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 10 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival