Free child seat safety checks in Potters Bar
PARENTS will be able to take advantage of free child car seat checks in Potters Bar on Wednesday. According to research, eight out of 10 such seats in Hertfordshire are fitted incorrectly, which can lead to injury or even death in the event of an accident
PARENTS will be able to take advantage of free child car seat checks in Potters Bar on Wednesday.
According to research, eight out of 10 such seats in Hertfordshire are fitted incorrectly, which can lead to injury or even death in the event of an accident.
To highlight this issue, Hertsmere Borough Council is offering free safety checks between 10am and 3.30pm in the car park of Tesco in Mutton Lane.
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for health, said: "It's shocking that 80 per cent of car seats do not restrain children sufficiently, putting them in serious danger if there is an accident.
You may also want to watch:
"Getting your car seats checked will not take long and could save your child's life. "Even better it is free, so please do come along."
For more information call health promotion officer Liz Paffley on 020 8207 2277.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar