Four road accidents in a day on A414
FOUR accidents have taken place on the same road in a matter of hours. The latest accident on the A414 occurred this morning (Thursday), when a car came off the road as it travelled towards WGC from Hertford. The female driver is uninjured. The accident f
FOUR accidents have taken place on the same road in a matter of hours.
The latest accident on the A414 occurred this morning (Thursday), when a car came off the road as it travelled towards WGC from Hertford.
The female driver was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
The accident follows reports of three separate incidents taking place on the A414 yesterday (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times has received reports of two cars coming off the A414 near Mill Green yesterday afternoon, before a collision in the same area left two people hospitalised.
Ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 7pm after a black Toyata Yaris collided with a beige Renault Megane.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
The driver of the Yaris, a 27-year-old woman, had to be freed form the vehicle.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Paramedics at the scene worked closely alongside the fire service for approximately forty five minutes to treat and stabilise and free a woman who was trapped in a car following the collision.
"She sustained neck and back injuries and was conveyed to the QE2 hospital in WGC."
A second driver, a man in his 30s, was also taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
In a seperate incident this mornig, a motorcyclist was taken to hospital after colliding with a car.
The accident happened just before 8.30am, on Kentish Lane, Brookmans Park.
Mr Sanderson confirmed that the motorcyclist had been taken to the QE2 hospital in WGC with minor injuries.