Four road accidents in a day on A414
FOUR accidents have taken place on the same road in a matter of hours. The latest accident on the A414 occurred this morning (Thursday), when a car came off the road as it travelled towards WGC from Hertford. The female driver is uninjured. The accident f
FOUR accidents have taken place on the same road in a matter of hours.
The latest accident on the A414 occurred this morning (Thursday), when a car came off the road as it travelled towards WGC from Hertford.
The female driver was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
The accident follows reports of three separate incidents taking place on the A414 yesterday (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times has received reports of two cars coming off the A414 near Mill Green yesterday afternoon, before a collision in the same area left two people hospitalised.
Ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 7pm after a black Toyata Yaris collided with a beige Renault Megane.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
The driver of the Yaris, a 27-year-old woman, had to be freed form the vehicle.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Paramedics at the scene worked closely alongside the fire service for approximately forty five minutes to treat and stabilise and free a woman who was trapped in a car following the collision.
"She sustained neck and back injuries and was conveyed to the QE2 hospital in WGC."
A second driver, a man in his 30s, was also taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
In a seperate incident this mornig, a motorcyclist was taken to hospital after colliding with a car.
The accident happened just before 8.30am, on Kentish Lane, Brookmans Park.
Mr Sanderson confirmed that the motorcyclist had been taken to the QE2 hospital in WGC with minor injuries.