Four muggings in Hatfield
FOUR people have been mugged on the streets of Hatfield.
On Thursday at about 7.50pm, a thief on a bike grabbed a bag containing a laptop from a man in Haseldine Meadows.
Two black men in hoodies stole an iPod, mobile phone, �30 and a wallet from a man in Woods Avenue just before 9am on Wednesday.
A gang of four or five men frogmarched a man to a cashpoint and forced him to withdraw �20 in Queensway at 5am last Tuesday.
And at about 6.15pm on October 17, another thief demanded �20 from a man in Lane End.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now warned residents, particularly students, to be on their guard.
Insp Ian Grout said: “To reduce the chances of being a victim of crime, don’t advertise expensive equipment like laptops and iPods to opportunist thieves.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
“Keep your possessions hidden or leave them securely at home. Hatfield is a safe place to live and study, let’s try and keep it that way.”