Four muggings in Hatfield
FOUR people have been mugged on the streets of Hatfield.
On Thursday at about 7.50pm, a thief on a bike grabbed a bag containing a laptop from a man in Haseldine Meadows.
Two black men in hoodies stole an iPod, mobile phone, �30 and a wallet from a man in Woods Avenue just before 9am on Wednesday.
A gang of four or five men frogmarched a man to a cashpoint and forced him to withdraw �20 in Queensway at 5am last Tuesday.
And at about 6.15pm on October 17, another thief demanded �20 from a man in Lane End.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now warned residents, particularly students, to be on their guard.
Insp Ian Grout said: “To reduce the chances of being a victim of crime, don’t advertise expensive equipment like laptops and iPods to opportunist thieves.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
“Keep your possessions hidden or leave them securely at home. Hatfield is a safe place to live and study, let’s try and keep it that way.”